You know what I've discovered? Trying to eat gluten free is REALLY HARD. Sure there are lots of lovely products out there to help with the endevour but not only are those things just not the same as eating all that lovely wheat that I've been accustomed to, it seems like wheat and it's bi-products are in everything!
Earlier this evening I got peckish and decided to go down to the closest vending machine to grab a chocolate bar. "So long as I stick to something that is just chocolate I should be fine!" I thought. I was wrong. After I had retrieved the Aero bar and was walking back to the office I decided to take a quick look at the ingredients. I was shocked to find that one of the few ingredients was Whey Powder. They put a wheat product in chocolate. Chocolate. My heart was broken!
I don't know how so many people can live while trying to be gluten free. I'm only trying it for the month to see if I am in fact intolerant and now I'm praying more than ever that I'm not.
This is going to be a very hard month.
No comments:
Post a Comment